Savigny Les Vergelesses 1er Cru
Yield (in number of bottles): 8 000
- GRAPE : Pinot Noir
- SURFACE : 2 ha 13
- AGE OF THE VINES : 35 years
- VINTAGE : Hand harvested with sorting.
- WINEMAKING : 100% destemmed fruit. Traditional winemaking in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, twice daily punching. 15-day fermentation.
- AGING : 15 months in oak casks. 15% new oak.
- SERVICE : Serving temperature: 16°C.
- TASTING : Deep cherry colour. Pleasant bouquet of red and black fruits, as well as flowers (Violet). Silky and suave mouth feel, full of flesh and elegance. Soft tannins flow through the palate right to the end. Drink early in order to take advantage of the fruit, or keep in the cellar a few years. Great match with guinea fowl, other poultries, or white meat.
- CUSTODY : Drinking well now. Cellaring potential: Conserve 2 to 5 years.