Pommard Epenots 1er Cru
Yield (in number of bottles): 3 500
- GRAPE : Pinot Noir
- SURFACE : 0 ha 56
- AGE OF THE VINES : 35 years
- VINTAGE : Hand harvested with sorting.
- WINEMAKING : Traditional winemaking in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, twice daily punching. 17-day fermentation.
- AGING : 20 months in oak casks. 30% new oak.
- SERVICE : Serving temperature: 16°C.
- TASTING : Nice garnet colour. Complex nose with oaky notes, red fruits and mellow berry aromas. Suave and well-balanced bouquet on the palate, this wine shows great substance and rare elegance. Good ageing potential, but very pleasant in its youth. Match with red meat, game, or matured cheese.
- CUSTODY : Drinking well now. Cellaring potential: Conserve 2 to 5 years.